Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Off-Road

We went Off Road-ing on Friday afternoon last week. Jon wanted to show me some trails that his friend had taken him on. We didn't exactly find the trail we were looking for...
It was a little scary. The rocks were really loose because it had rained the night before (yes-a miracle in the desert.) We were going up a really steep trail that had the side of the mountain on our right & a cliff on our left.
At one point, I told Jon I was taking the kids out of the car. And I did. (I felt like my mom. I can't remember a specific incident happening in our childhood that was dangerous, but I feel like I was doing something my mom would have done with my dad. Funny isn't it? Love you ma!)
We did survive the day. The view from the top was beautiful. The pictures don't even capture it. Trey kept saying, "We're Alive!"





















































We spent Friday night with our new friends, Todd & Meredith. Obviously, she is 9 months pregnant. Today is her due date. Pray for her & the baby girl, Keegan. They are planning on having a home birth. Meredith is a rockstar. (Do our children wear clothes ever??? No...not even at someone else's house.)

No comments: