All of a sudden, I see Trey holding an empty MOUTHWASH bottle. I didn't think too much of it at first. I thought he might have dumped it out into the sink. (He has a habit of dumping out all of our shampoo & conditioner. Or "cream rinse" as some of you older folk may say. hee hee...you know who you are.)
I took the bottle from him & finished talking with my momma.
Then, Jon and I started to get ourselves & the kids ready to go to a Car Show at a local restaurant. That is when the madness began. I smelled Trey's breath & it wreaked of alcohol. I noticed that he was acting a little cooky.
We weren't sure how much he had swallowed, so we decided to call Poison Control. Jon told the woman on the line that the mouthwash was 21.6% alcohol. While they were still on the phone, the fire department showed up. (Poison Control notified them.) We weren't sure how much he drank, but the worst case scenario was that Trey's blood sugar would plummet quickly & that he would have a seizure & have brain damage.
The firemen told us we had to go to the emergency room & have Trey monitored for the next 6 hours!! They were going to make us take an ambulance, but then they said it was okay for us to just drive him there.
Before we left, Trey was able to sit in the fire truck & honk the horn. So much for teaching the kid a lesson. It was like Christmas for him.




At the hospital, Trey had his blood drawn so that his alcohol levels could be tested. He didn't even flinch as the woman tried for about a minute to find his vein. She kept poking & trying again...I was starting to get a little bothered that she was sticking him so much. But, Trey did fine & just laid there as she drew out quite a bit of blood.
As you can see in this last picture, everything was fine. We ended up leaving before the blood tests were returned. It had been almost 6 hours and the kid was just tired...not drunk, thank God. The doctor told us he would call us that night if the blood work showed that Trey's alcohol levels were raised. We never got a call.
So the moral of the story is:
Don't ever let Trey out of my sight.
And just because I have trouble opening "child proof" caps, doesn't mean that Trey can't do it. :)
7 comments:
Kelly.......I can't help but LAUGH when I read your stories about the Trey Man! I mean, I would be freaking out......but he's just too cute and funny to not laugh! You better stick to only having ONE boy! How did your mom do it?! Love you!
funny story. somthing tells me that wont be the last time the fire department comes to your house to see Trey.
aaron
Oh Man!!!!! Those are parents worst nightmares WHILE they are happening - - - but sure do make great blog reading LATER when all is well!!!
Hey - - - thanks for the GREAT idea of mailing Macky a card - - - I've blatantly STOLEN the idea and am mailing him stuff from up here in WI on our vacation.
Oh Kelly - the joys (and scares of having boys). lol Glad that everything worked out for the good. But I have to agree with everyone else - does make for a good chuckle reading it later.
He is going to test everything you have. :0)
Oh my goodness!!! What a kid! :)
Glad he's OK.
i love it. sorry-he's too funny. love you.
Your blog cracks me up. Trey-man is definitely good comedy material!
So happy he is okay. Put that kid in a protective bubble!
See you in a few weeks - woo hoo! Can't wait!
Post a Comment