Thursday, July 31, 2008

DATE NIGHT!!!!


Thursdays USED to be Jon & I's date night---before kids.  We used to order pizza, or I would make a yummy meal, & we would watch Survivor, CSI & then Without a Trace.  That was many, many moons ago.  

Now, we have 2 crazy ones & we only go out for "business" stuff without the munchkins.  Jon's parents are so gracious to take Trey & London every Monday night & then here & there when we have other things going on.  
TONIGHT, though...we went on a REAL DATE...no business at all!  We went to Verrado Grille.  On Thursday nights, they have FREE CHILDCARE from 5-8pm.  How nice to have an evening of adult conversation--just me & the love of my life.  :)  

I ordered Fish & Chips.  I felt like I was eating at Seven Stone Steps in Cazenovia, NY.  Ah, the simple pleasures in life.   How I miss the Northeast in the Summer.  

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am very glad to hear that you guys are still doing date nights. They are much needed! Time together is wonderful. Glad you enjoyed your night out.

Jay & Tammy Tropf said...

You guys are so stinkin cute! So, I guess the lack of date nights might be ONE reason jay isn't ready for kids! HA

Lori said...

So glad to hear date night is back! You all look great and sound wonderful, miss you tons. Lori

Unknown said...

Well, I made myself a nice cup of tea and read through your blog. it is quite wonderful and I think I need one.

You are both so wonderful thank you for lifting my eeyore mood and always being an encouragement. You both have been a blessing to our lives and I hope I can return the favor some day.

I'll talk to you both soon. Hope you had a good drive home.

Kelly said...

Steph, were you drinking tea & wearing your thermals?
I love you!