Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Last Day in Our House on Edgemere

Trey said, "Goodbye house. Goodbye room." Then he asked me, "Where's Chloe?" It about broke my heart. I had to explain to him that we had to give Chloe to a nice friend.
Trey, London & I loaded up in the car around 9am & followed Jon to the gas station to fill the tires with air. As I pulled out onto the street, my neighbors were standing in their front windows waving and blowing kisses to me. I almost couldn't see through my tears. We will miss our neighborhood so much.
At the gas station, our friend Tim was getting gas & his 14+ adopted children were in the 15 passenger van waving to us. So sweet.
I stopped by the Waddell's & said goodbye to Julie & the kids. Todd was too sick to move. Poor guy.
It was hard to leave Syracuse. So much has happened in our 5 1/2 years there. Ministry, Marriage, Apartments, Baby #1, A House, Baby #2...so many memories. I thank God for our time in the frozen tundra of Syracuse, New York.



No comments: