Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Goodbye Camry!

Scott offered to drive our Camry out to AZ for us instead of shipping it. So, I took our car to the auto shop to have it serviced. The mechanic found $1100 worth of repairs. The car isn't worth much, so we are going to sell it at an auction through one of my dad's friends. We really needed the space in the Camry to bring out stuff out to AZ, so now we are going to get a hitch & rent a UHaul trailer. Jon and I will have to share the Jeep until we can buy another car.

I think the part I am most disappointed in is that Scott is not coming to AZ now. :( We have our route planned out. The major cities we are driving through are St. Louis, Springfield, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Amarillo, TX, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Phoenix & then BUCKEYE, Arizona.

Sharing a car may be a challenge, but I think it will be good for us & way better for the environment. Hopefully, it will force me to get out and walk with the kids.

1 comment:

Keri said...

We chose to sell Jason's car after I lost my full time job when Mackinley was a few months old. It was an adjustment, but now it's perfectly fine! We've realized that with me not working, there really is no need for two vehicles. Kelly (my brother, hehe) gave us a car recently but it sits in our driveway a lot because we got so used to having one vehicle!