My midwife is bringing the pool and all the medical supplies she will need to care for me and the baby tonight. I will post pictures of all the gear soon. Can you tell I am excited??? I have mentioned this pool in my last 3 posts!!
Pray for me. It is hard for me to get around. :) This baby is heavy & the other two kids want so much attention. They both want to be held and it is uncomfortable for me--I have NO LAP! Pray that I can love on my other two enough so that they know their mommy cares.
Last night I took a long bath to relax. It was amazing until London and Trey busted in. Trey was worried about me getting burned by the candles and London kept throwing her plastic baby doll at me. They are so funny.
We are so excited to meet our little man!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kelly - I will be praying and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little man! Are you being induced tomorrow? I'm sorry if that's a silly question...I don't know anything about home births! I'm excited to see the pictures of your tub and all the stuff! You're SuperMom for real!!!
My midwife just called, she is on her way to deliver another baby, so she had to reschedule bringing the tub, etc.
I will not be induced. That is the reason WHY I chose to go with a midwife. The Cesarean rate here in PHX is 30%+. Cesareans are awesome for women or babies who are in danger. But, most doctors use intervention (such as pitocin) to induce labor which, according to studies, leads to complications such as Cesareans.
I used drugs with Trey & not with London. Trey spent time in the NICU because he wasn't breathing well on his own. London came out screaming and healthy.
Home births are safe for normal, healthy pregnant women and babies. So far, that is what the baby and I are considered. If that ever changes, my midwife & I will go to the hospital.
I am pretty confident doing this at home because it is my 3rd baby. I have been through this process with and without drugs, so I KNOW that I can do it. I am super confident in the abilities of my midwife too. She has everything a doctor has to stop bleeding, keep either one of us breathing, etc. She has delivered a TON of babies. (AND she is a mother of 9...soon to be 10!!!!!!)
So that is my novel...sorry, Keri!
I really want to video the birth. Hopefully we can make that happen & I will be able to share it with people who are interested.
If you are curious about home births and hospital births a great documentary to watch is THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN. Ricki Lake put it together. It really opened my eyes. You can rent or buy it on iTunes.
That's awesome, Kelly. Didn't you have really fast labor/delivery with Trey & London? Or did I dream that up? How exciting for those two to be there and be able to experience their new little brother coming in to the world!
London's labor and delivery lasted a total of 2 hours. AMAZING. :)
Post a Comment