
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/musician_steven_curtis_chapman.html
Please copy & paste the above link in your browser. It is the news story of the death of Steven Curtis Chapman's 5-year-old daughter. The family needs prayers & support.
I am reminded what a privilege it is to be a mommy. To be an aunt, a grandma, an uncle, a dad, a grandpa. To be a friend, a neighbor. A cousin, a sister, a brother. It is such a privilege to have PEOPLE in your life. Whether for a day, a week, 19 years in Indiana, 3 years in Florida, 6 years in Syracuse, a week here & there in Indiana or 1 month in Phoenix.
My good friend, Katie, talked to me once about her desire to be "present." I may have written about this before, but I do want to live in the moment. To soak in each second with whoever I am with. It might be my husband, sleeping heavily beside me. It might be Trey demanding MORE vitamins or London crying to be nursed. It is so easy to wish away the cold, rainy Spring in CNY. :) Or the HOT, HOT 113 degree Arizona heat. It is easy to wish away the baby years, or the toddler years. Or the "poor" years.
It is easy to wish away the single years, the married-with-no-children years, the married-with-children years, but so hard to just live the life that God has given you for that moment.
I am so grateful for the life that God has given me. My desire is to use my life to love those who are presently around me & those who I miss being in my life on a daily basis.
Anyway, I say all that because my heart hurts for the Chapman family. May they FEEL God holding them tighter than ever.
3 comments:
hey kelly. i found your blog through the baker's blog....what a great post about living in the moment. i know i have to constantly remind myself not to "wish my life away"...like when i count down the school days until summer!
ashley (blomeke) bigelow :)
Kel,
What a heart break for the Chapman family. I can't even begin to imagine what their son is experiencing. I pray he will feel loved and cared for like never before. Thanks for your reminder to live in the present. I tend to wish my life away (especially during the hard times). You are an excellent writer and encourager. I look forward to what God has in store for YOU in Arizona! Love you bunches, Your momma
Kelly - When I read your blogs I am filled with this power that I never thought I have. You truly made me sit back and think about not "wishing away life" and living for what is here - here with us now.
Thank you - thank you for making me stop and realize what I have NOW!!
Love you
Denise
Post a Comment