Let the peace of Christ RULE in your hearts,
since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom,
and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
And WHATEVER you do,
whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:15-17
This morning, I kept reading & rereading this section of scripture. Anxiety is something that everyone deals with on some level. Our close family friend died less than a week ago, and I think since then I have just been struggling with how to deal with it. This passage has really helped me remember that when I accepted Christ, I received his peace forever. I just need to LET His peace rule in my heart. I can't let anger or sadness or anxiety to take over my heart.
I don't think God wants me to ignore the pain in life, but he does want me to let HIS PEACE rule. He does want me to be thankful. And to remind (admonish) others of scripture and songs...and be reminded. My friend, Becca, called me this week and she shared some scripture & how it changed her. Then, I talked to another friend later in the week and she shared how a song was giving her comfort in the loss of our friend in Syracuse. If you get the chance to download it on iTunes, it is beautiful. Wonderful, Merciful Savior, by Selah. (I wish I knew how to post a song on this blog! I am posting the lyrics, though.)
Wonderful, merciful Savior
Precious Redeemer and Friend
Who would have thought that a Lamb
Could rescue the souls of men
Oh you rescue the souls of men
Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost the way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way
You are the One that we praise
You are the One we adore
You give the healing and grace
Our hearts always hunger for
Oh, our hearts always hunger for
Almighty, infinite Father
Faithfully loving Your own
Here in our weakness You find us
Falling before Your throne
Oh, we're falling before Your throne
It comforts me to know our friend, Gail, is experiencing the healing and grace that her heart was hungering for, in heaven.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, Katie Nelson did a version of Wonderful, Merciful Savior on her album Do You Know Who He Is? that you might like. ;)
Kel, It was good talking to you today about this post. I am so grateful we have a wonderful, merciful savior who is loving on your friend, Gail, right this moment. It's hard for me to imagine being in His presence face- to-face. What love and tenderness she must be experiencing that we can look forward to someday. I pray the D. family will experience His love, grace, mercy and tenderness during these difficult days. Thanks for the encouraging words, dear daughter. I love you!
Post a Comment