Tuesday, December 2, 2008

PRAY FOR SARAH!


I got an email from my friend, Emily, today about our friend, Sarah.   I know both of them from Syracuse.  Sarah was on staff at Syracuse University with Campus Crusade for Christ.  

Hi everyone. My good friend and former roommate, Sarah Fowler, was hit by a car last night while walking in a neighborhood in Orlando. She is currently in the ICU in stable, but critical condition with a skull fracture.

Right now there are two main concerns the doctors have. The first is the brain swelling. There is some swelling, but what happens with the swelling in the next 72 hours is critical. The second concern is that there is brain fluid gathering on the left side and seeping out her ear. The fluid coming out also means that something can get in, such as an infection. Also, they don't know where or what exactly the fluid is coming from. They have been monitoring her bleeding and it has now stopped. Earlier this morning she responded to the doctor's request to move two fingers, which is good news.

She is sedated and they are helping her breathe, which will help in keeping the swelling down. Her parents arrived in Orlando a little after 5 a.m. She has an incredible group of friends down in Orlando that are an incredible support system for Sarah and her family. She in a trauma center in Orlando, the best place she could be.

Things to pray for:
  • The brain swelling would stay down.
  • Infection would stay out.
  • Her family. Her mom and step dad are Christians. Pray her brother, sister-in-law, and dad would experience Jesus through all of this and would begin a relationship with Him.
  • Her friend Tim who was with her when she was hit.
  • Her friends and co-workers down in Florida. Pray they would find rest in Jesus and that He would sustain them physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
  • Wisdom for the doctors.
  • God's presence and peace would be felt in her hospital room.
This morning reality really hit. It's hard being so far away. I know that my God is always good and when bad things in life happen, it doesn't change His character...and that is a promise to cling to and rest in. He's reminded me that I have to trust that He is sovereign and that He will be glorified through this, which I know would be Sarah's greatest desire.

Please, please pray for her! I'll do my best to give you any updates.

Thanks so much!
Emily

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear what's happen to your dear friend. I will most certainly keep her in my prayers! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do!!