Reading books on parenting is a good practice. Obviously, I don't have to agree with 100% of what a book says, but it is great to get different perspectives. What I have grasped this week from reading about parenting is that my children will be products of two things:
1. Life Experiences
2. How they respond or interact with those experiences.
Jon and I can do our best to give our children positive family values and a good, structured family. We can encourage them, deal with conflict correctly and treat others well. We can show them how much God loves them and point them to God. Jon and I can actively shepherd our children to the Lord, but ultimately it comes down to one thing: their hearts longing for God. Jon and I need to be on our knees before Jesus praying for our munchkins.
My prayer is that God will work in and around our parenting efforts. I pray that they respond and become people who KNOW & LOVE God.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment