The latest adventure in the Bohm Home...
I made myself & Trey an english muffin for breakfast this morning. I brought both of our plates over to the table and sat down. Trey just started yelling, "I don't want english muffin. I want a BAGEL!" I told him that he will like the english muffin and that he needed to get in his chair & start eating. Well, he didn't listen. I wasn't about to let it ruin my morning. So I sat down with my orange juice & english muffin. I figured I might as well be reading the paper while he was screaming & London was still upstairs sleeping, so I went out the front door to get the morning paper.
When I got back to the door, I could hear Trey on the other side still yelling. I turned the knob & realized that the DOOR WAS LOCKED!!!! I said, "Trey, unlock the door right now. This is not funny." He ignored me. I asked him several times to open the door. I told him just to turn the lock & let me back in. Still no response from Trey. So, I rang the doorbell and knocked & said, "Trey, open the door." Then, I heard him from across the room say, "I'm eating my english muffin."
What a punk. :) I was locked out of my house. I was still in my pajamas and wearing my glasses. I hadn't brushed my teeth or done a thing with my hair. I had no way of getting inside & that little boy was eating his breakfast-that moments earlier he refused to eat-at the breakfast table. I could just picture him all buckled into his booster seat chomping down his english muffin & drinking his chocolate milk.
Jon wasn't going to be home until 2pm and it was 8am!!!!! I didn't know what to do and I was too embarrassed to go to a neighbor's house. I walked around the house (barefoot, in the rocks), went through the gate to our backyard & started knocking on my sliding glass door. I couldn't see in because all the blinds were still shut, but I knew Trey could hear me. I told him, "Trey, you need to let mommy in right now. Please come open the door."
Finally, I heard him get out of his little booster seat & come over to the sliding door. He poked through the blinds and put his little face up against the glass & smiled. I was able to talk him through unlocking the door and, finally, I was in the house. I told him it was very nice to let mommy in, but not very nice to lock her out.
Other than that, our day was pretty normal. Lots of big tackles, more "Princess Time" with Baby London. Playdoh, coloring, cutting & pasting. We watched The Incredibles for the 10th time since Saturday...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is so funny!! I can just picture him peeking through the blinds at you... I guess this is what I have to look forward to in the next couple of years!! Fun fun :)
he showed you who's boss!! i love it. miss you. XOXOX
kel, i laughed so hard reading this! thanks for documenting the adventures of treyman. should be a book someday.
I usually brush my teeth first thing of a morning... might want to consider it.
Tell John the picture is fabulous!
I am laughing AGAIN even though you told me this story last night. I could just see my Trey-man in his little booster seat, too, smiling and eating that muffin. He is a smart & funny little guy. Maybe you should hide keys in the rocks around your house --- notice I said keys - plural! Just wait till London is in on the ac tion too! Woo hoo! Tell Trey-man and London that they can be expecting their little presents from Florida in the mail soon. I mailed the box today.
Too funny! Life's always an adventure with little boys and often when we don't expect an adventure to come our way. :)
What a great story!! And what a little STINKER you have! If we ever get our two boys together, we're going to be in for a heap of trouble I think! :)
that kid is crazy, who would want a bagel instead of an english muffin?
Oh my gosh......laughing so hard! That was probably the adventure of Scott and Kelly when they were little! HA He is tooooo cute though! Love ya Kel!
Tammy Landis Tropf
I thin kyou and I have the same son! Ornery but so dtinking cute that you can't help but love him! AHHH! We need to trade tips... Love, Mindy
Post a Comment