Sunday, August 31, 2008

Purpose

"It is a funny thing about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it." - W. Somerset Maugham

The kiddos are taking a nap & I was just thinking about life & My PURPOSE in life. I recently put my purpose into words:
To Love God & Others. To Connect People & To Connect With People - Family & Friends. To Inspire & Encourage Others.

What I want for myself (& for those around me) is to:
**Discover passions
**Pursue passions with commitment, discipline, perseverance & zeal!

What is YOUR PURPOSE? What do YOU WANT out of YOUR LIFE? 
Have you ever put it on paper? Have you ever talked about it with your spouse, a friend, a parent or a child? 

So, I know what I want out of my life, but sometimes words, feelings and circumstances can rob me of my focus & feeling of purpose. What I am telling myself today to fight that:
--Do not let circumstances direct my actions, warp my attitudes or dampen my desires.
--Don't let other people set my goals.
--Do not conform to the "world's" image.
--Never accept mediocrity.

Every journey begins with a single step. What step am I taking today, this hour, this moment that is bringing me closer to the life I want for me and for my family and those around me? I recently heard that:
The decisions I make not only affect my future, but the future of those around me. My attitudes, thoughts & behaviors will become the attitudes, thoughts & behaviors of those around me. 
Wow. What responsibility.

1 comment:

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Keep on, daughter. I am proud of you. Thanks for the encouraging words which can help so many people!