I just finished reading THE KITE RUNNER for a Book Club that I am in. The New York Times Book Review called it "Powerful...Haunting." I think that captures the book really well. The story is about friendship, redemption & forgiveness. The story line is painful most of the way through. The main character, and the family & friends in his life, endure so much hardship.
6 comments:
I am looking for a new book to read - I will check this one out. Thanks for the heads up! :)
Kel, Dad & I watched The Kite Runner last night. Powerful, intense, sad, moving --- it gives us a clearer look into the culture of Afghanistan.
It's hard to believe Bill & Annie are there. The country has beautiful areas (at least in the film) and so many areas of complete devastation due to the war.
We should discuss this book sometime. I kept thinking of Hassan throughout the night. The loyalty and love he had for his friend/brother.
I miss you, dear daughter.
Ma,
I finished watching The Kite Runner today.
Jon and I have had some interesting conversations because of watching the film. The book & movie are both heartbreaking & eye opening. We should have an online book club.
I pray good can be done by our troops being there.
-Kel
Did you find the movie true to the book? Sometimes the movies aren't nearly as good.
It was very true to the book. The book was even more disturbing.
I got the book in the mail - thank you. Not sure I can read it right now.
I had a difficult time sleeping thinking about what happened to Hassan with the 3 teen boys. So sick. I wanted to scream and have someone come to his rescue.
Great discussion material. It's hard to comprehend that this sort of thing happens. It's also comforting to know that "scars" can be reminders of healing and forgiveness.
Post a Comment