Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My Husband ROCKS!!!! (Cape Cod Marathon)

On October 28, Jon ran his first marathon. He & his friend Dave had been officially training for the 16 weeks leading up to the race. This was Dave's second marathon. He ran at Cape Cod last year by himself (without really even training.)
I was an emotional wreck the entire day. The moment the canon went off to signal the start off the race, I started shedding tears. (I think my mom & Nat were teary too.)
I think there were a few reasons that I was emotional. First, I have been crazy hormonal since having Baby London. Also, seeing how much time & energy Jon put into training for the marathon & knowing that one of his lifelong goals was to run a marathon. But, probably the biggest reason was because 4 years ago, he found out he had cancer & in October of 2003, he was preparing to undergo chemotherapy. And now...he is strong enough to run 26.2 miles!!!! What a rockstar. God has really blessed Jon and our family. Not only did Jon run a marathon, but our 2 children were there to "watch" him! (And that is after our doctor gave us a 40% chance of NOT being able to have children.)



5 comments:

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I am fighting back the tears reading this. It truly was an emotional day. I am so proud of Jon, Dave and Eric. They are rock stars in my book, too. What a wonderful experience and I am so grateful we could be there for it. God is good. He has blessed us. Do I hear an "Amen" out there?

Keetha Broyles said...

Wow - - - and I get winded just running to the bathroom!!!!

j/k (kinda)

Keri said...

Wow Kelly what an amazing story!!! It brought tears to my eyes. God is so good and His presence shines in your life, it really does. Thanks for posting this, it's very inspiring.

HUGS

Anonymous said...

Aww! This was definitely a tear jerker story! I wish we could have been there.

PS - I LOVE looking at the photos of Trey-man and little London! The are so stinkin cute I just want to squeeze them :o)

Love you guys!

Keetha Broyles said...

OK little missy Kelly Troyer Bohm - - - I come to your blog, I comment, I laugh, I cry - - - - and what do I get in return?!? Nary one comment from you on mine.

Oh well - - - - you won't make me stop coming here and commenting here just by ignoring me!!! :-)

Love you!!!

I'm PROUD of you - - - - one of "my" (you know, camps, family friends, etc) kids. :-)