Jon and I celebrated 5 years of marriage on the 19th of October. (It is the same date as my friend Brianna's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRI!!!)
I always imagined going to Hawaii, some tropical island or at least a hotel overnight to celebrate being married for 5 years. Instead, we have a 2 year old & a newborn and we're stuck in Syracuse. Thankfully, Trey has his adopted Syracuse "grandparents" who took him overnight. (He had a BLAST.) And London went to my friend's house for the evening. Jon and I had about 5 hours of kid-free time.
It really was a wonderful night. We didn't do anything crazy...we just went to the mall, got Starbucks and did some shopping. Then we went to dinner at the Carabba's near our house. (Our first dinner date was at Carraba's in Florida.)
We picked up Baby London from my friend's house around 9pm. As soon as we got into the car to head home, our "song" came on the radio. It was really weird because we were listening to a rock station that NEVER plays love songs and still our song was playing. (It is the one I sang to him during our first dance at our wedding, "Could Not Ask For More.") We really felt like it was a little gift from God hearing our song.
It was such a special time driving home listening to that song. God has really blessed Jon and I and our little family.
We feel extremely blessed to have found each other and now to be given 2 wonderful children. Jon and I both grateful for the life that we have together.
Thank you friends & family for all the cards, calls & well wishes! We feel loved!!!
Could Not Ask For More
Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
Looking in your eyes
Seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything to me
These are the moments I know heaven must exist
These are the moments I know all I need is this
I have all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've got all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more than this time together
I could not ask for more than this time with you
Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you here with me
I could not ask for more than the love you give me 'cause it's all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more
I could not ask for more
1 comment:
Happy 5th! Thank you for giving us those darling grandchildren!
Post a Comment